(From Winter Foods: Recipes and Cooking Tips from Even’ Star Organic Farm, by Brett Grohsgal and Julia Shanks.) Winter Foods: Recipes and Cooking Tips from Even’ Star Farm
- 1 quart ziplock of rapini
- 2 teaspoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet until golden brown.
- Add sesame oil and garlic and cook until the garlic just starts to brown.
- Add the ginger and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the rapini and then the mirin and say sauce. Cook until just barely wilted.
- Remove from the stove and taste. If the rapini is at all bitter, add a small amount of honey and serve immediately.