Sea Scallops in Garlic and White Wine Ingredients
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds sea scallops.
- A quarter of a cup white flour.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder.
- A 3rd of a cup of white wine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
See scallops in garlic and white wine preparation
- Take the scallops out of the refrigerator in time to bring them to room temperature.
- On a large plate or in a bowl mix the white flour the garlic powder and salt and black pepper.
- Drench the scallops and the flowering garlic mix. Some cooks dip the scallops in milk 1st, but I leave that step out.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan until it is very hot but not smoking.
- Add the scallops and sauté as quickly as possible ideally until the scouts begin to brown. But don’t over cook them. Scallops cook very quickly.
- Just before they’re done pour in the wine and cook quickly to reduce by about half.
- Serve immediately.