Ingredients for Wild Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced (you can substitute a second onion)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of wild mushrooms, chopped
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- Fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of Wild Mushroom Soup
- Sautee the onions, leeks and garlic in olive oil until translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the wild mushrooms and sauté until they loose their liquid.
- Add chicken stock and two sprigs of fresh sage.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 40 minutes
- Puree the soup and garnish with fresh strips of sage.