Tomatoes with sweet, fresh peppers and new onions, a little garlic and some locally made feta cheese.
There are hundreds of so-called Greek salads. Here’s a simple one based on some of this weeks farmers’ markets produce. Some cooks mix textures, chopping the tomatoes and slicing the onions, for example but I like to keep them all about the same size.
Ingredients for Greek Salad
- 3 Tomatoes — cut up into 1/3rd to 1/2 inch size pieces.
- 1 Red onion — chopped a little smaller
- 1 Red or green pepper — seeded and chopped like the onion
- 1 Cucumber — peeled & chopped almost the size of the tomato.
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup Black olives — pitted and cut in half.
- ½ lb Feta cheese cut into chunks.
- Olive oil to taste
- Fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, basil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together, season with salt, pepper and olive oil to taste.